Make a Positive Difference in the Lives of Tulsa Children
The Partners in Education team makes a positive difference in the lives of Tulsa children.
All Souls Church members actively support education services, families, and staff at our partner schools.
Our Partner Schools & How You Can Help
Unity Learning Academy, Monroe Demonstration Academy, and John Hope Franklin Elementary
PIE has been paired with Unity Learning Academy (formerly Jackson Elementary) for more than 20 years, and more recently with Monroe Demonstration Academy and John Hope Franklin Elementary. Working under the direction of the school's teachers, volunteers work with one child or several children, reinforcing the basic skills of reading and mathematics. Volunteers often take on special projects and enrichment activities with the children.
• Lunch Buddies have lunch once a week (or more) with a special child who needs a friend, someone to talk to, someone to listen.
• Reading Buddies partner with individual children for one hour a week to help develop a love of reading and broaden world views.
• Math Tutors work with one student for one hour per week to develop and improve math skills.
• Field trip chaperones accompany children on special outings.
• Volunteers help with all-school activities such as family dinners, neighborhood activities, sports and PTA.
• Autism class aids work with the teacher in the classroom.
• Drivers transport children on our All Souls van or buses to special events, on an as-needed basis.
• If you can teach a mini-course in chess, scrabble, art appreciation, music, dance, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, scrap-booking, woodworking, photography, aerobics, golf, fishing, or writing, please volunteer! PIE will work with you to develop the class and assist with materials.
There are many other ways volunteers can help, including:
All Souls PIE Team maintains a Speaker’s Bureau. PIE asks members to share their careers, hobbies, travels, jobs, special skills and interests with students. Volunteer speakers are asked to make one/two presentations per year to different classrooms. Volunteer speakers may also participate in career fairs.
PIE sponsors school gardening projects. If you are interested in sharing your passion for plants, flowers, and gardening in general, please volunteer. If you have tillers, shovels, fencing, birdhouses, plants, equipment to donate or share, please let us know!
PIE Holiday Tree
The PIE Holiday Wish Tree provides a way to satisfy special wishes of the faculty or staff at our partner schools. All Souls members select the STAR WISHES, purchase the gifts, leave them at the church, and PIE members deliver them to the schools.
Contact All Souls' Partners in Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can make a positive impact on the lives of Tulsa kids!