For Sunday, February 25, 2018
Dear All Souls Family and Friends,
This Sunday, our children continue studying their Tapestry of Faith curriculum. Links to this week’s activities can be found at the end of this message.
If you have a child in kindergarten or the first grade and are interested in learning about the upcoming 8-week OWL class that children that age may opt into, PLEASE attend the required Parent Meeting on Feb. 25, 10-11:30 in the Thoreau Lounge.
- Religious Exploration Classes - 10:00-11:00 a.m.
o Kindergarteners will go on their field trip to Woodward Park – weather permitting, leaving at 10:15 and returning at approximately noon.
o 1st through 8th grade meet in their usual classrooms.
o Grade 9 meets in room 120 for Coming of Age.
o Grades 10-12 meet in the Sponge Room.
- Snack and Social Time, 11:00-11:30 a.m. for Grades K-8 on the West Playground unless weather is severe.
- Chapel, 11:30-noon, for pre-K through 8th grade.
- Spiritual Expressions in Creativity, noon to 1:00 p.m. for children and youth in Kindergarten through 7th grades. Please look over the list and think of a first and second choice as these classes do have size limits and are on a first come, first served basis.
o Yoga Games and Poses (all ages)
o Lego Freestyle (all ages)
o Visual Arts (all ages)
o Ceramics (grades 3-8)
o Dungeons, Dragons and Divinity (grades 4-6)
o OWL for pre-registered 7th and 8th graders (10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- Pick-up Time, 1:00 p.m.
Children are brought to the Family Room to await pick up at 1:00 p.m.
- Middle School Youth Group meets in the Sponge Room 1:00-2:30 pm
- Youth Choir, 4:00-6:00 pm
- High School Youth Group, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Children's Choir, 6:00-7:00 pm
This week’s lessons:
- 1st & 2nd Grade: World of Wonder Session 12, “Beauty in Nature” - Taking it Home and the Complete Lesson
- 3rd & 4th Grade: Signs of our Faith Session 12, “Stewardship is a Sign” - Taking it Home and the Complete Lesson
- 5th – 8th Grade: Windows and Mirrors Session 12, “Making Visible the Invisible” - Taking it Home and the Complete Lesson
See you in church!