For Sunday, December 3, 2017
Dear All Souls Family and Friends,
We’re looking forward to another, out-of-the-ordinary Sunday, with K-12th graders starting in the Sanctuary for the Story for All Ages where Rev. Lavanhar will share the story of Pandora’s Box, and its message of hope. Afterwards, our K-8th graders with disperse to their classrooms for workshops on our monthly church-wide theme: “Hope.”
Come Deck the Halls on Monday!!! Our annual Tree Trimming and Hanging of the Greens event is fun for all ages. We’ll have ornament making activities and decorate the tree in Emerson Hall along with a yummy soup supper (the event is free, dinner is available for $5 /adults and $3/kids. Please bring a couple of dozen cookies to share for the cocoa, cookies and caroling that close out the evening. We hope to see everyone there!
Here’s what’s happening this Sunday:
- Entering through the foyer. The Family Room and West (Channing) Entrance will not be open until 10:30 on Sunday, so families will need to enter through the main foyer.
- All families are asked to attend the Story for All Ages from 10:00 to about 10:20 in the Sanctuary, after which children will attend their regular classes.
- Childcare is available for pre-k and younger during the 10:00 service. You may check in at theFamily Room station.
- Check-in in the foyer. We will have a children’s and youth check-in station set up in the foyer, so that you can check your children into programming for the remainder of the day.
- 10:00-10:20: Story for All Ages in the Sanctuary
- 10:20-12:00: Theme Workshop on “Hope,” followed by snack and social time.
o Kindergarten in Room 6
o 1st and 2nd grades in the Presidents’ Room
o 3rd and 4th grades in the Artists’ Atelier
o 5th through 8th grades in Room 128
o 9th through 12th grade will attend the Traditional Service, then head to the Sponge Room (grades 10-12) or Room 120 for 9th grade Coming of Age.
- 11:30-noon: Snack and Social Time on the West playground (5th and 6th grade OWL begins at 11:30 in Room 128).
- Spiritual Expressions in Creativity, noon to 1:00 p.m. for children and youth in Kindergarten through 8th grades. Please look over the list and think of a first and second choice as these classes do have size limits and are on a first come, first served basis.
o Yoga Games and Poses (all ages)
o Lego Freestyle (all ages)
o Visual Arts (all ages)
o Ceramics (grades 3-8)
o Dungeons, Dragons and Divinity (grades 4-6)
o OWL for pre-registered 5th and 6th graders (OWL begins at 11:30 a.m.)
- 1:00 p.m. pick up time. Children are brought to the Family Room to await pick up at 1:00 p.m.
See you in church!